JOIN OUR TEAM
- Jan 24, 2019
At Forefront Services we understand that our greatest resource is our people. To help us continue to achieve this, we are currently seeking an experienced Workshop Supervisor to join our Sydney team.
Based in Glendenning, and reporting to the Operations Manager and Project Manager, you will be responsible for supervision and the smooth running of the workshop ensuring that it is completed safely, on time, to the client’s specifications, and most importantly, to a high standard of quality.
To be successful in this role you will be responsible for the planning and successful execution of works through the workshop although at times you will also be required to be hands on during peak workloads. You will report to the Operations Manager and Project Manager daily but will have full responsibility for the management of the team, workload and allocation of the day-to-day tasks including all administration associated with the role.
This role will include but is not limited to:
- Workflow management, including planning and scheduling jobs.
- Allocating jobs for all workshop personnel and planning around their strengths.
- WHS relevant to the tasks being carried out day to day in the workshop.
- Ensuring all personnel are completing QA paperwork throughout the jobs.
- Oversight and management of quality of work performed in the workshop and completion of MDR documentation.
- Reviewing and approving all timesheets.
- Responsibility to drive daily toolbox / pre-start meetings.
- Forecasting and managing workshop consumables.
- Liaise with administration support on all relevant matters.
What we are looking for:
- Australian or Australian recognised Engineering Trade Certificate.
- Demonstrated 5 years’ post-trade workshop experience including experience as a supervisor or leading hand.
- Current drivers’ licence and own reliable transport.
- Experienced in structural steel and heavy fabrication for the mining and/or tunnelling industry.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, blue prints and job specifications.
- Strong commitment to Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Strong commitment to Quality Assurance.
- High level ability to work in a team environment with sound communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced and self-motivated Workshop Supervisor to join our Company. We will provide a competitive salary package and the opportunity to work with a Company that genuinely values its employees.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Ben Lanser on 0419 224 429 or 02 6362 7070.
Please forward your application to email@example.com